There are lots of things you can do with straight hair, like scrunching into sexy styles. How can this be done? Hair texture and the kinds of styling products you use can influence the outcome, but here are a few easy steps you can follow for lush waves and great volume:
• Wash your hair and wrap it up in a towel. While it’s still quite wet, remove the towel and part your hair where you want it.
• Brush your hair to get all the tangles out, then section it off into four parts. Two parts down the middle at the back of your head and then halfway through the top, leaving you with a section on the top and one on the bottom.
• Apply mousse to the first section, the bottom one, without spreading it to your roots because your hair will look greasy. After the mousse, apply gel to the same place, making sure it’s curl shaping gel with extra strong hold.
• Braid the section, making it as tight as possible. Repeat the previous step and this step with the rest of the sections.
• Once all of your hair has been braided, give each braid a thorough application of hairspray, avoiding the roots to prevent them from greasing up.
• Perform the steps overnight, spraying before going to sleep. When you wake up, take the braids out and you should have waves in your hair. Scrunch it up using mousse and hairspray to get it ready for the day.
You can also try wetting your hair and pulling it into a French braid overnight, using hairspray before going to bed. Take out the braid when you wake up and use mouse to scrunch up the waves. Apply some hairspray to hold the style for longer. If you need more root volume, scrunch your hair with your head upside down.
Messy buns can also work, so put your hair in one overnight and add some hairspray, making sure your hair is slightly damp so that it can dry in the bun (or braids). Take your hair out of the bun in the morning and you’ll experience smooth waves.
For best results, use curl-defining mousse or gel to your hair or define the look with a curling iron.