There’s really not much to using a flat iron, you’ll be surprised at how simple it is to achieve silken tresses that last through the day. however, following the correct steps is the only way to obtain the sleek style you want, and if you’re an avid flat iron user then it’s even more important to carry out the process properly.
Make sure you have a high quality flat iron handy, like the Karmin G3 Salon Pro, which guarantees spectacular results.
1. First of all, shampoo and condition your hair as normal, clean hair is best for straightening. Grease and dirt can build up on the plates and eventually affect the performance of your flat iron.
2. Use a heat protectant on your hair (try Pro Naturals Morrocan Oil Hair Treatment for extra protection and smoothness), spreading it over your palms and working it along the length of your locks. This will minimize heat damage and prevent your hair from drying out.
3. Your hair is still damp, so grab your hair dryer (if you don’t own one, check out the Karmin Salon Pro Hair Dryer) and a paddle brush to start drying your hair, brushing as you go. Set the setting to medium until your hair is 80% dry, and don’t worry if you notice frizz, you’ll get rid of it soon enough!
4. Separate your hair into sections, and choose a portion at the front, clipping the rest up. Grab your flat iron and go over that section, starting at the roots and pulling down towards the ends. Always keep the pressure constant until the ends of your hair fall away. Don’t stop or pause, this way the section could get uneven.
5. Repeat with all the sections of your hair until it’s all straight. You may need to run some parts through with the flat iron again to even out the style.
6. Finish off by blending the ends with your flat iron to eliminate the separation caused by the sections. A light application of spray to set the style and you’re done! Beautiful, sleek locks with not one hair out of place.