Can’t spare the time to blow dry AND straighten your hair? Well now you can learn how to blow dry and straighten with just your hair dryer, a really useful thing if you you don’t own a flat iron or if you don’t have time to use both styling tools. Getting sleek, smooth tresses with your blow dryer can reduce styling time drastically and can be simple to achieve if you follow these easy steps:
1. Shampoo and condition your hair as usual either during your shower or when you just wash your hair. Clean hair is super important when styling, you don’t want to heat up grease or accumulated hair products on your locks! Towel dry your hair to eliminate excess moisture.
2. Apply some heat protectant, like Pro Naturals Moroccan Oil Hair Treatment, to prevent damage from the heat emitted from the hair dryer. Work it in thoroughly, including the ends.
3. Work some straightening serum into your hair (the amount depends on the length and texture), distributing it evenly and massaging it in.
4. Now it’s time to break out the blow dryer. If you want superior results, you’ll want to try the Karmin Salon Pro Professional hair dryer, use it at a low setting first and direct the airflow gently at your hair, combing through with your fingers to get rid of excess moisture.
5. Divide your hair into three sections, one at the back and two at the front. Clip the lateral sections and select a small part of hair from the unclipped section of the back. With a thick round brush, start at the roots and pull the brush gently through till you reach the ends as you simultaneously blow dry. Pull the hair away from your head, stretching it and straightening it under the heat.
6. Brush the underside of your hair and expose it directly to the heat and once it’s dry, switch to the top. Distribute the heat and tension evenly over each section to prevent heat concentration and drying out. Keep drying small parts of hair until that section is dry, then move on to the other sections until your entire head s dry and straight.
Finish off with a light application of anti-frizz serum or spray to tame flyaways and keep your locks smooth for longer. Want extra tips? Here’s a video tutorial of how to blow dry your hair straight and run it through with a flat iron afterwards.